|Glenn Vilppu online classes:|
a. figure 1 (3X)
b. figure 2 (3X)
c. head drawing (3X)
d. composition 1 (X)
e. Compostition 2 (started)
These classes are worth every penny!!! I can highly recommend them!
Vilppu Manuals and videos
a. Human Anatomy series (in progress, keep wathing over and over again)
b. Vilppu drawing manual (X)
c. head drawing manual (X)
d. Animal anatomy videos and manual
e. Composition manual and videos
New Masters Academy:
- Steve Huston - An introduction to art (X)
- Steve Huston - An introduction to color and value (X)
- Steve Huston - Painting in a Two-Value System (X)
- Steve Huston - An Overview of Painting Approaches (X)
- Steve Huston - Painting Using Impressionist Outdoor Color Theory 1 (X)
- Glenn Vilppu - Human Anatomy series (X)
- Glenn Vilppu - Introduction To Composition (X)
- Erik Olson - Perspective 1: An Introduction (X)
- Erik Olson - Perspective 2:
- Erik Olson - Perspective 3:
- Sheldon Borestein - Perspective for the rest of us, 1 point, 2 point, 3 point (X)
CGMA Workshop (The Gnomon Workshop)
- Color theory – the mechanics of color (X)
- Practical Light and Color (X)
- The fundamentals of perspective 1, 2 and 3 (started)
Studying an art degree (started fall 2013)
Things to do regulary, every day, every week:
- Take a qroques class every thursday when it's on
- Draw every day, carry a scetchbook everywhere, draw people in cafes, libraries etc. Draw their faces and profiles, build a visual databank in your mind
- Do online croques drawing (pixelovely)
- Draw from imagination, live mode, still life and from pictures
- Take live model drawing classes when they are available
- Analyze the art of the "old masters", paintings you love, photos: flow, rythum, composition, dark/light, anatomy, use of color, use of atmosphere, perspective etc.
Animation free mentoring:
Work process: Thumbnails -> Develop detail sketches -> Gather Reference ->Final Drawing -> Is the drawing right? ->No, seriously. Is the drawing right? -> Color Studies -> Final Painting
|Here is just a little list of tutorials and courses. (X=done)|
The Vilppu Academy
Chris Oatley - The Oatley Academy
Illustration Classes to do:
Muscle and Motion www.muscleandmotion.com/multif…
Be Smart ARrt School www.smarterartschool.com/
Noah Bradley Art Camp www.noahbradley.com/artcamp/
LampPostGuild www.lamppostguild.com lpg.pathwright.com/school/cata…
Alternative to ARTSHCOOL medium.com/i-m-h-o/138c5efd45e…
CGMA Workshop (The gnomon workshop)
- How to render matte surfaces 1, 2 and 3 by Scott Robertson
- Advanced Lighting with Sam Nielson
- Designing with Color and Light with Nathan Fowkes
- ZBrush with Michael Defeo
CGMA 2D Foundation track courslist!!
• Intro to Perspective for Entertainment Design
• Dynamic Sketching 1
• Dynamic Sketching 2
• Analytical Figure Drawing
• Principles of Design Process
• Fundamentals of Character Design
• Animal Drawing
• Digital Painting 1
• Color Theory For Entertainment Design
• Digital Rendering Techniques
• Portfolio Development
CG Masters: www.cgmasters.net/
Anatomy with zBrush online classes:
- www.uartsy.com/course-explaine… (sculpting the human figure!!!)
- uartsy.com www.uartsy.com
- www.isculptstuff.com/ (Isculpstuff)
- www.zbrushworkshops.com/ (zbrush workshop)
- www.visualarium.com/ (visualarium)
- www.scott-eaton.com/anatomy-fo… (Scott Eaton - Anatomy for artist online)
- www.scott-eaton.com/2013/zbrus… (Scott Eaton - Figure sculpting course)
LAAFA - laafa.org/art-classes/self-stu…
uARtsy - www.uartsy.com/course/artistic…
Pixelovely figure drawing tool
Draw Mix Paint www.drawmixpaint.com/
Pursuing a career in art illustration www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYxAcD…
The Secret of Drawing BBC www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nElc…
The Art Of Freelancing www.theartoffreelancing.com/
Free Art courses: academicearth.org/online-colle…
InExpensive selfpased tutorials:
Skillshare.com Storyboard www.skillshare.com/Learn-to-St…
How To Read A Person Like A Book: www.amazon.co.uk/How-Read-Pers…
perspective tool carapace
How to Gesso a (Masonite) Hardboard: www.finearttips.com/2009/03/ge…
Gnomon School courses.gnomonschool.com/cours…
Things to do after I win the state lottery:
Illustration Master Class www.illustrationmasterclass.co…
TLC Workshop www.tlcworkshops.com
Annabelli Caracci, Remrandt, Pontormo, Caravaggio, El Creco, Da Vinci, Tintoretto, Michelangelo, Raphael, Rubens, Watteau, Greuze, Menzel, Daumier, Correggio, Giotto, Brunelleschi, Piero Della Francesca, Van Dyck.
Ink and pen drawings:
Franklin Booth, Nicolas Delort, Watteau, Greuze, Menzel, Daumier, Frazetta, Moebius, Frank Miller, Clement Coll, Sean Gordon Murphy, Will Eisner, Gupta, Mike Mignola, Durer, Mark Schultz, Clement Coll, Heinrich Kley, Franklin Booth, Dana Gibson, Arthur Guptill, Juanho Guarnido, Glenn Vilppu.
Color and illustration:
Carl Larsson, Leyndecker, Norman Rockwell, Rudolp Koivu, Martta Wendelin, Bob Peak, Jack Potter, Phil Hayes, Venny Soldan, Tove Jansson, Robert McGinnis
Color and texture: Bonard, Puvis.
Painting: Steve Huston
Rokokoo artists: Boucher, Gainsborough, Tiepolo (both father and son), Canaletto, Messerschmidt, Goya, Watteau.
I am currently working in graphic design and webdesign. On my sparetime I am trying to learn to paint and draw better and understand anatomy. I am interested in illustration and creating amazing pictures and paintings. My goal is one day to be able to draw what I imagine.|
"Don't force it, get a bigger hammer..."
Would you like to hire me to do an illustration? Please have a look at my DA profile and my Behance site.
|Why you will fail to have a great career. www.ted.com/talks/larry_smith_…|
The power of introverts, Susan Cain. www.youtube.com/watch?v=74kBqe…
"Do not set goals, instead choose a way of life that you know will make you happy. Goals are secondary and in the long run they make you unhappy if your only purpose is to fill a goal. Then the goal defines you and the way you live your life. Instead choose a way of life that will let your capacities function at a maximum level to reach your dreams and fulfill your desires. Our choises shape the course and experiences of our lives. Floating with the sream and not making desicions for youself is also a choise, even if we do not recocnize it as such. "it is not necessary to accept the choices handed down to you by life as you know it. There is more to it than that — no one HAS to do something he doesn’t want to do for the rest of his life." So choose your passion and dreams, do what makes you happy, forget goals." www.brainpickings.org/index.ph…
"If you think that you cannot do something, then imagine how a person who could do it would behave then pretend to be that person and behave like her. Make glorious mistakes and enjoy the journey. On good days and on bad days, make good art." Neil Gaiman www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWexC…
"Work to reach your own unique potential, don't work to be succesfull, create your own definision of succes."
"Imagine what you want to do and make a list. Your goal may seem like a very distant and massive mountain and reaching it might seem impossible. Every decision you make should take you closer to that mountain, that also meens being able to say no to things that are not taking you there. So everytime ask yourself Is this taking me to where I want to go?" Neil Gaiman www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWexC…
"Maybe I am not as good as you but I will outlast you!".
"Never compare yourself to others. Instead you should only compare yourself to yourself, and if you are better today than you were yesterday or last year then you are on the right path. I try to remind myself of that everyday. Good luck on your journey!"
"Never give up never surrender."
"Stay positive and participate in the community."
"Keep your old work in your profile so that you can see the progress your making."
"Composition and gesture first. Then the simple forms and masses, spherical forms, box forms, cylinders. After that the anatomy."
"If you can draw, paint and design, you can do anything."
"Learn to draw what you imagine first. Then transform that skill into computer and not the other way around."
Put your artwork out there!
Get feedback and learn from it.
Build a netword, utilize internet resources.
"Don’t worry so much just do it."
"There are no rules, just tools."
“What nobody tells people who are beginners — and I really wish someone had told this to me . . . is that all of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, and it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not.
But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase. They quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know it’s normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story.
It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You’ve just gotta fight your way through.”
"If only Heaven will give me just another ten years... Just another five more years, then I could become a real painter."
-Hokusai on his deathbed, age 89
- I would like to create art.
- Really... what for?
- For nothing. Art is not for anything. Art is the ultimate goal. It saves our soul and makes us live happily. So when someone asks you the question "What for" just answer "Well just for the fun of it". That's all the reason you need.
A LITTLE HELP ON YOUR JOURNEY: